Argonne National Laboratory
Hukari Technical Services provided Nuclear Safety and Criticality Safety Program Manager, Operations Manager, Safety Basis Analysts, Readiness Review Manager, Procedure Writers, project management, and other subject matter experts to provide technical assistance and mentoring in:
- Preparing, implementing, and continuous improvement of Argonne’s Safety Management Programs, policies, processes, and procedures. Provided recommendations for graded, cost-effective approaches to meet applicable requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with DOE’s requirements and expectations for nuclear safety (e.g., hazard categorization, developing compliant safety basis documents, implementing safety bases, startup and restart readiness reviews, USQ Process, preparing safety basis amendments and annual updates).
- Ensuring compliance with DOE’s requirements and expectations for criticality safety (e.g., assessing compliance to DOE Orders, regulations, standards, manuals, and guides governing nuclear criticality safety, assessing implementation of the program, and providing recommendations for improvement).
- On a daily basis, providing safety basis and Conduct of Operations training, mentoring, and support for nuclear facility managers.
- Developing integrated operations plans, including evaluation of end-state options for nuclear facilities (e.g., deinventory operations, decontamination and decommissioning, continuing operations as a radiological facility, demolition).
- Participation in appraisals of compliance with DOE requirements and expectations.
- Managed and assisted in preparation for Readiness Reviews. Provided Assessment Team Leaders and subject matter experts for performing Management Self Assessments and Readiness Assessments.
- Providing guidance regarding responses to changing conditions at ANL and/or pending or new DOE requirements and expectations.
Learn More about the Argonne National Laboratory
4251 Kipling Street, Suite 400, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
P 303.384.9079 • F 303.277.1458