Licensing, QA, and ITAAC
Hukari Technical Services (HUKARI) has provided the following Licensing, Quality Assurance, and ITAAC activities:
- Conducted UFSAR Completeness Review for entire Duke Energy nuclear power plant fleet (Catawba 1 &2, McGuire 1&2, Oconee1, 2, &3). Scope of review included historical evaluation of Duke/NRC correspondence regarding nuclear industry safety topics and issues applicable to the Duke facilities for the time period from initial licensing to the present. Document types included: Generic Letters, NRC Bulletins, selected License Amendment Requests, selected TS changes, selected Facility and Operating Procedure changes, new or revised Regulatory Requirements, and for McGuire only, a complete review of the UFSAR against the requirements of RG 1.70, “Standard Format and Content of Safety Analysis Reports for Nuclear Power Plants,” Revisions 1 and 3, as applicable. (Duke Energy)
- Developed project specific tools to facilitate efficient and effective review and reporting process. Examples include:
- Customized database for Project Management; features included: assignment and tracking of tasks, providing consistent technical screens and report formats, producing interim and final technical review reports, producing production and project status reports, other information to facilitate effective Project Management.
- Customized spreadsheets to manage large numbers of technical issues: review topics, projected and actual man-hours expended, source documents with varying complexity, size, age, and Site applicability.
- Secure share folder for electronic information transfer. This project was conducted remotely from several work locations with only one visit to the Duke offices to discuss progress and results. (Duke Energy)
- Provided License Engineer support to Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant for major projects including, Measurement Uncertainty Recapture (MUR) power uprate, Extended Power Uprate, License Renewal, and Leak-Before-Break. (Excel Energy)
- Licensing support during MUR uprate implementation including development of new Technical Requirements Manual section, issuance of revised Technical Specifications, and closure of NRC commitments. (Excel Energy)
- Responsible for written and verbal communications with NRC, including NRR project managers, branch reviewers, and on-site Resident Inspectors. (Excel Energy)
- Provided Licensing Manager duties to Monticello; coordinate interfaces with NRC; responsible for quality and timeliness of NRC correspondence; work as necessary with technical staff t to prepare submittals; manage preparation of submittals such as LARs, LERs, NOV responses, generic communication responses, etc. (Excel Energy)
- Developed License Amendment Requests (LAR) to reduce LAR backlog at Palo Verde Nuclear Generation Station Units 1, 2, and 3.
- Researched and documented licensing basis for Atmospheric Dump Valves (ADVs) as part of operability determination, using time lines, why-staircase reviews, evaluation team, and challenge board methods. (Arizona Public Service)
Inspections, Tests, Analyses, and Acceptance Criteria (ITAAC) (Westinghouse Electric Corporation)
- Developed a detailed process flow chart of the 10CFR52 requirements for ITAAC (Inspections, Tests, Analyses, and Acceptance Criteria) based on industry guidance contained in NEI 08-01, “Industry Guideline for the ITAAC Closure Process Under 10CFR52,” Rev. 4 and Regulatory Guide 1.215, “Guidance for ITAAC Closure under 10CFR52.”
- Developed a draft Project Implementation Plan for client use in preparing a detailed Site Specific ITAAC Implementation Plan.
- Provided specific recommendations regarding the need for development and implementation of specific processes and procedures necessary to support ITAAC production and closure.
Nuclear Quality Assurance Program (CH2MHill and CORE, Inc.)
- Provided Subject Matter Expert services to the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) through CH2MHill (Managing Agent) to develop a Nuclear Quality Assurance Program for a New Generation Civil Nuclear Power Project for the United Arab Emirates.
- Performed NQA-1 supplier audits as Lead Auditor and developed QA program documents and procedures. (CH2MHill)
- Providing Nuclear Quality Assurance consulting services through CORE, Inc. to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) in support of the Design Certification for the Advanced Pressurized Water Reactor (APWR) and in support of associated COLA applications.
- Performing a gap analysis between the MHI Nuclear QA Program and U.S. QA Program requirements (App. B of 10CFR50 and NQA-1) to determine needed changes to ensure compliance with NRC regulatory requirements. (CORE, Inc.)
4251 Kipling Street, Suite 400, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
P 303.384.9079 • F 303.277.1458