- Accelerator Facilities and Medical Isotope Production
- Industrial and Occupational Health and Safety
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
Accelerator Facilities and Medical Isotope Production
HukariAscendent has more than 15 years of experience supporting accelerator facilities. HukariAscendent actively supports Argonne, Los Alamos, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Nevada National Security Site. Support includes Nuclear Safety, Radiological Protection, Fire Protection, Quality Assurance, Industrial Safety, Safeguards and Security, Waste Management, Work Control/Integrated Safety Management, and Industrial Hygiene.
- Preparing Safety Assessment Documents and Accelerator Safety Envelope documents for accelerator facilities for newly designed, operating, and decommissioned accelerator facilities.
- Preparing Documented Safety Analysis and Technical Safety Requirements documents for Hazard Category 2 and 3 supporting facilities.
- Systems Engineering developing Interface Control Documents and Design Criteria Documents for the Cygnus accelerator and supported accelerator and neutron diagnostic development
- Leading an acquisition optimization effort for the accelerator program.
- Wrote testing procedures for Automatic Transfer Switches, Backup Generators, Linear Accelerator, UPSs, Development of HEPA Filter Testing Qualification Program, and Tunnel Modifications.
- Developed training and qualification programs, quality assurance and software quality assurance programs,
HukariAscendent has also supported accelerator programs at Sandia National Laboratory, Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory including engineering support for D&D of the historic Bevatron accelerator which required complex demolition sequence planning taking into account asbestos removal, high levels of lead contamination, lead and depleted uranium shielding, and activated concrete and building structure components, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB), mercury, beryllium, Freon, Trichloroethylene (TCE), methane, and other heavy metals and industrial chemicals and solvents.
HukariAscendent also has experience supporting Medical Isotope production.
- Provided engineering oversight support for the Nuclear Design section of the 10 CFR 50 PSAR for the proposed medical isotope production facility. This unique NRC regulated facility uses particle accelerators for commercial production of Moly-99 medical isotopes.
- Developed training program requirements and implementation schedule (for operations).
- Developed maintenance program requirements.
- Supported development of the ALARA program requirements.
- Supported development of waste management plans and studies.
- Developed the risk management plan, the project management plan. and other project/program level documents as required.