- Construction, Maintenance, and Operations
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Program and Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
This project is currently in progress and we may have opportunites for staffing. Please visit our opportunities page to view and apply for jobs.
HukariAscendent has provided Nuclear Safety and Criticality Safety Program Manager, Operations Manager, Safety Basis Analysts, Readiness Review Manager, Procedure Writers, Performance Assessors, NQA-1 Lead Auditors, project management, and other Subject Matter Experts to provide technical assistance and mentoring at the Argonne National Laboratory (ANL). HukariAscendent’s Scope included:
- Preparing, implementing, and continuous improvement of Argonne’s Safety Management Programs, policies, processes, and procedures. Provided recommendations for graded, cost-effective approaches to meet applicable requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with the Department of Energy‘s (DOE’s) requirements and expectations for nuclear safety [e.g., hazard categorization, developing compliant safety basis documents, implementing safety bases, startup and restart readiness reviews, implementation validation reviews (IVRs), Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) Process, preparing safety basis amendments and annual updates].
- Ensuring compliance with DOE’s requirements and expectations for criticality safety (e.g., assessing compliance to DOE Orders, regulations, standards, manuals, and guides governing nuclear criticality safety, assessing implementation of the program, and providing recommendations for improvement).
- Ensuring compliance with DOE’s requirements and expectations for operating nuclear facilities (e.g., Conduct of Operations, developing procedures, Work Control Program, training and qualifications, application of quality assurance principles).
- On a daily basis, providing safety basis and Conduct of Operations training, mentoring, and support for nuclear facility managers.
- Developing integrated operations plans, including evaluation of end-state options for nuclear facilities [e.g., deinventory operations, Decontamination, Decommissioning and Demolition (D&D), and continuing operations as a radiological facility].
- Participation in appraisals of compliance with DOE requirements and expectations.
- Managing and assisting in the preparation for readiness reviews. Provided Assessment Team Leaders and Subject Matter Experts for performing management self-assessments and readiness assessments.
- Leading and/or participating on independent performance assessments in the areas of nano material safety, radioactive material inventory (RMI), electrical safety, work planning and control, Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC), construction, industrial safety, and quality assurance.
- Providing guidance regarding responses to changing conditions at ANL and/or pending or new DOE requirements and expectations.