- Construction, Maintenance, and Operations
- Deactivation, Decommissioning, and Demolition
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Industrial and Occupational Health and Safety
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Program and Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
This project is currently in progress and we may have opportunites for staffing. Please visit our opportunities page to view and apply for jobs.
The scope of the Hanford Plateau Remediation Contract (PRC) is to advance the cleanup of the central portion of the Hanford Site, known as the 200 Area or the Central Plateau. The scope includes completion of the Plutonium Finishing Plant project; characterization of facilities and waste sites; disposal activities related to non-tank farm waste; environmental surveillance and maintenance; groundwater monitoring and remediation; environmental remediation; and development of documents for regulatory and other decisions covering groundwater, soil, and facilities.
In 2008, HukariAscendent (previously Ascendent, LLC) was awarded a contract with CH2M HILL Plateau Remediation Company (CHPRC) to support the Plateau Remediation Project with technical and management resources. In 2009, the scope was expanded to include work funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), more commonly known as the federal stimulus program. HukariAscendent continues to provide management and technical resources for a broad range of project areas such as D&D Operations, Design, Engineering, Nuclear Safety, Quality Assurance (QA), Radiological Protection, and Waste Management.
- Facilitated Plutonium Finishing Plant (PFP) post-demolition job reviews and incorporation of associated opportunities for improvement in support of the demolition work scope.
- Provided decommissioning and waste management specialists, including D&D Engineers and D&D Managers.
Fire Protection Engineering
- Provided fire hazards analysis, facility fire assessments, design and work document reviews, maintenance of the Documented Safety Analyses (DSA), and oversight of operations to help assure fire safety.
- Assured that fire hazards in assigned facilities were controlled/mitigated, associated life safety was maintained and that facilities and operations were in compliance with U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) contract requirements, NFPA codes and standards, and other applicable statutory requirements.
- Provided Nuclear Safety Engineers responsible for the creation, maintenance and implementation of Safety Bases Documents which comply with 10 CFR 830, DOE Standards, and PRC procedures.
- Performed Unreviewed Safety Question (USQ) Determinations, USQ Screenings, and Potential Inadequacy in the Safety Analysis (PISA) Determinations.
- Provided assessments of field and project implementation of transportation safety basis.
- Supported the development and presentation of safety basis training for facility personnel.
- Developed, reviewed and approved documents, and procedures to implement the CHPRC QA Program, including upgrade to NQA-1-2008, corrective action management/cause analysis training materials, and the development and implementation of an electronic condition reporting system.
- Assured QA requirements are integrated into project work planning, procurement, and assurance of performance. These are to include commercial grade dedications and product Quality Control Inspection Plans.
- Performed QA surveillances, assessments, audits, and reviews to determine compliance and effective implementation of the CHPRC QA Program, such as 10 CFR 71 Subpart H compliance audit of a DOE-certified Type B container and annual QA audits.
- Provided expert QA/QC guidance and problem solving expertise as requested to resolve and prevent quality problems.
- Provided radiological protection expertise to support the implementation of 10 CFR 835, including technical support, procedure and technical basis document development, and oversight of the Radiological Protection Program.
- Ensured assigned policies, procedures, and technical documents effectively implement conduct of operations principles, safety management program components, and radiological control requirements.
- Assisted with deployment of encapsulating suit, Premier Fresh Air supply system, and the Bladewerx Sabre-BZM Lapel monitoring system for use at the PFP Closure Project.
- Provided initial briefings to CHPRC Health Physicist on Completed Decision Making Packages (CDMPs) and to PFP radiological staff on the encapsulating suit, Premier Fresh Air supply system, and the Bladewerx Sabre-BZM Lapel monitoring system.
- Developed Waste Disposition Plans (WDP’s) to formalize agreements between the client, the waste generator, and the disposal facility for disposal approval based on all regulatory and disposal site requirements.
- Assisted the waste generator with documenting the process knowledge evaluation, identifying additional waste determinations and characterization requirements, and select probable receiving facilities.
CHPRC nominated Ascendent, LLC (now HukariAscendent, Inc.) for the DOE Small Business Administration Award for Excellence in 2010.
Learn more about the Hanford Plateau Remediation Project