- Construction, Maintenance, and Operations
- Design and Drafting
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Program and Project Management
- Regulatory and Licensing
HukariAscendent provided Consulting Services for the Design, Construction, and Start-up of the National Enrichment Facility (NEF), which will provide a domestic source of enriched uranium for nuclear power plants in the U.S.
HukariAscendent supported development, implementation, and assessment of the Criticality Safety Program and Nuclear Material Control & Accountability (NMC&A) Program in compliance with regulatory requirements and licensing. HukariAscendent also supported the Design, Construction, Operations, Public Relations, and Legal departments of the prime contractor, Louisiana Energy Services (LES), with regard to licenses, permits, and Integrated Safety Analysis and their implementation at the NEF.
HukariAscendent’s specific tasks included:
- Assisting the development/implementation of the Criticality Safety Program, ensuring compliance with regulatory & licensing requirements.
- Assisting in establishment, maintenance, & implementation of programs, procedures, & work practices associated with responsibilities of licensing.
- Performing license compliance-focused configuration control reviews of design packages, design changes, and other configuration changes to support the transition of design documents from Architect Engineer to Construction Organization; and configuration management reviews in accordance with 10CFR70.72, including Integrated Safety Analyses to support facility construction.
- NMC&A Program development and implementation.
- Commercial Grade Dedication evaluations.
- Preparing Quality Level-1 nuclear safety calculations in Air Dispersion Modeling, Source Term Development, nuclear criticality and post-accident leak rates from natural phenomena events, i.e., Seismic, tornado, tornado missile, and high winds.
- Directing programmatic changes to enhance effectiveness of corrective action program.
- Providing Mechanical Field Engineer and Mechanical Design Liaison for design and construction phases.
- Providing Fire Protection Field Engineer for construction of the uranium centrifuge facility conceptualized, implemented, and sold to State permitting authorities alternative methods of fire protection for the facility resulting in cost savings exceeding $10 million.
Learn more about the National Enrichment Facility