- Construction, Maintenance, and Operations
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Program and Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
HukariAscendent has supported Conduct of Operations, Nuclear Safety, Quality Assurance, and Readiness activities at the New Brunswick Laboratory (NBL). HukariAscendent’s scope of work:
- Provided Nuclear Safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide expert support for the NBL to produce a safety basis document set in response to violations and to allow for de-inventory.
- Provided Justification for Continued Operations (JCOs) for CRM 111A and subsequent revisions.
- Performed Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations (USQDs) and Evaluations of Safety Situations (ESSs) in response to six Potential Inadequacies of Safety Analyses (PISAs).
- Supported development of the Technical Safety Requirements (TSR) and Safety Basis Recovery Plans and all other compensatory measures required for de-inventory.
- Performed program assessments including Quality Assurance (10 CFR 830 Subpart A), Radiation Protection (10 CFR 835), Facility Safety (DOE O 420.1C), Conduct of Operations (DOE O 422.1), and Personnel Selection, Training and Qualification (DOE O 426.2) and Emergency Management (DOE O 151.1C). Based on these reviews, worked with the Compliance Assessment Team Lead in implementing and managing the corrective action process to address programmatic deficiencies in preparation for a Readiness Assessment of facility de-inventory activities.
- Supported the development of Conduct of Operations procedures and associated training.
- Provided technical support for the successful completion of the DOE Operational Readiness Review (ORR) for de-inventory. Assessed readiness by review of past assessments, performance of a current status assessment, and completion of corrective actions. Assisted NBL personnel in Plan of Action (POA) development and team preparation for de-inventory.
- Served as the Senior Supervisory Watch for the Pu Solution Removal activities.