- Construction, Maintenance, and Operations
- Design and Drafting
- Nuclear Safety Analysis
- Program and Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
The Pantex Plant, located northeast of Amarillo, TX, is the nation’s primary facility for the final assembly, dismantlement, and maintenance of nuclear weapons. Pantex is one of six production facilities in the National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Nuclear Security Enterprise.
From 2001 -2016, HukariAscendent provided staff augmentation, featuring day-to-day support of the Pantex Plant facilities and programs including nuclear explosive bays, cells, special purpose facilities, staging facilities, transportation activities, and weapons programs.
Specific Engineering and Nuclear Safety support included:
- 10CFR830 Safety Bases Development, Implementation and Maintenance:
- Hazards Analysis
- Safety Analysis Reports (SARs)
- Documented Safety Analysis (DSAs)
- Technical Safety Requirements (TSRs)
- Unreviewed Safety Questions (USQs) in support of facility and weapons projects including more than 1200 USQ Determinations (USQDs) over a 3 year period
- Configuration Management
- Change Control
- Conduct of Operations
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Mechanical, Civil, Structural, and Electrical Engineering
- Procedure Writing/Editing
- Process, Systems, and Design Engineering
- Program Management
- Software Quality Assurance
The initiative, hard work and enthusiasm of HukariAscendent personnel has enhanced working relationships among Pantex program people and organizations, circumventing many day-today challenges, and resulting in successful completion of contract requirements. For example, HukariAscendent personnel have assisted in developing a database used by multiple programs to streamline a consistent, managed approach to hazard and accident analysis development. This effort has saved hundreds of man-hours of work, and expenses.